[Content marketing articles for coaches and consultants: 1000 words on Business Writing Skills]
There’s no better way to approach business writing than to keep three realities in mind:
1. Business readers are content-driven.
2. Readers are pressed for time.
3. Readers are seeking solutions.
But there are too many contradictory rules for composing a business report:
- Writing should be clear — but it should also “sound good.”
- Information should be simple and straightforward, yet cleverly composed to stand out.
- Get to the bottom line quickly, but don’t leave out background details.
If you need to compose a report, proposal, memo or email, you undoubtedly want to write effectively, without agonizing over every word. Keep the following points in mind to save time and energy, while avoiding the need for numerous rewrites:
- Our writing skills were developed in school. The fundamentals aren’t good enough for today’s fast-paced, time-pressed business environment.
- When you’re juggling contradictory ideas about style, presentation and level of detail, your results can come across as fuzzy and uncertain, which undermines your intent.
- Your writing skill determines whether you get your foot in the door to further the conversation. If you can’t make your case in writing, you may not get the chance to make a presentation.
Writing should be like a good butler, smoothly working to serve the reader without calling attention to itself.
This article gives tips for improving business writing skills, no matter the task, so that your message gets read, gets forwarded and gets results.
This is a brief synopsis of a 1000-word article suitable for coach newsletters. It is available for purchase with full reprint rights, which means you may put your name on it and use it in your newsletters, blogs or other marketing materials. You may also modify it and add your personal experiences and perspectives.
The complete 1,000 word article includes these important concepts:
- The Introduction: Problem, Questions, Solution
- The Body: Organizing Ideas
- Classic Writing Tips
If you are a Content for Coaches client and your account is current, no need to order. Send me an email to confirm that you wish to use this article for your next newsletter.
All others please use the order links below.
Text, 1000-word Article with Full Reprint Rights, $57 –
How to Improve Your Business Writing Skills