This article takes the opposite tack: how and why you should simply sit and be still. The practice of mindfulness – being fully present and aware of the here and now – leads to successful living and greater fulfillment in all aspects of work and life.
The happiest and most successful people are those who have developed their social and emotional intelligence. They have finely tuned self-knowledge and self-awareness.
- The ability to connect with personal values and principles
- The ability to imbue actions with meaning
- The ability to align emotions with goals
- The ability to keep motivated, focused and on purpose
Honing the skills of awareness requires mindfulness — becoming aware of what’s going on inside and around you on several levels. Mindfulness leads to living in a state of full, conscious awareness of one’s whole self, of other people and the context in which we live and work.
Before you dismiss mindfulness as New Age rhetoric, pay attention to the research. Recent studies in management science, psychology and neuroscience point to the importance of developing mindfulness through the experience of meditation.
This article explores research on the benefits of mindfulness, and how to practice meditation to develop mindfulness skills that result in successful living and greater fulfillment.
This is a brief synopsis of a 970-word article and 3 Article Nuggets*, suitable for consultants’ newsletters for executives and leaders in organizations. It is available for purchase with full reprint rights, which means you may put your name on it and use it in your newsletters, blogs or other marketing materials. You may also modify it and add your personal experiences and perspectives.
The complete article includes these important concepts:
- Mindfulness and Busy People
- The Benefits of Mindfulness
- How to Practice Meditation
- The Restlessness Experience
- Being You
- The Art of Non-achievement
Request This Content
Send us an email and let us know if you’d like to receive this article, Article Nuggets* or Newsletter (as applicable.) It is available in the following formats:
1. Successful Living through Mindfulness – 970-word Article with Full Reprint Rights, $57
2. Successful Living through Mindfulness – 3-Article Nuggets* with Full Reprint Rights, $64
*Article Nuggets: The same article broken up into 3-5 blog-style sections suitable for a series of blog posts or shorter newsletter articles.